Thursday 12 March 2009

How's March treating you?

Well March has started with a bang! for me so I'm sorry that I haven't been blogging!
For me the blog has two uses. 1) it helps me let you know about special offers and new services and 2) it allows me to share with you information I have around your health.
Today I read an article about sweeteners and food additives and I really wanted to share the information. I ask all my clients to STOP TAKING SWEETENERS and particularly ASPARTAME which is in diet drinks. The US Food and Drug Administration refused to approve aspartame for use as a food additive for 16 years! This was because so much research had shown it to be harmful. Their own toxicologist, Dr. Adrian Gross, told Congress "without a shadow of a doubt, aspartame can cause brain tumors and brain cancer..."
It seems that the only reason aspartame finally got approval was that Donald Rumsfeld became CEO of the company that made it!
Another sweetener to avoid is Splenda or Sucralose which was originally found when someone was trying to produce an insecticide! Only tests on animals have been done - but if you saw the results you'd agree you really don't want to consume this sweetener!
Of course, I'm only quoting to you what I've read - you can do your own research on the internet - but when you look at how obesity and cancer have risen over the past few years could it just be possible that additives, chemicals and artificial sweetners have contributed?
Eat healthy, be healthy!