Monday 10 November 2008

Mouth Cancer - free check up

Yes I'm still going on about Mouth Cancer!

The Alexandra Road Dental Practice, Horsforth, will offer FREE screenings for signs of cancer for the duration of Mouth Cancer Week - that's NEXT WEEK. The practice has become the first in the area to use a Velscope cancer screening machine - which can help detect cancer at an early stage, before it is visible to the eye.

Dr Inderjit Hunjan and hygienist Alison Holliday will offer screenings during a walk-in clinic at the practice - 14 Alexandra Road (Tel: 0113 259 0190), Monday November 17 to Friday November 21, 10am to 4pm, and Saturday November 22, 9am until noon. Full denture patients are also encouraged to take advantage of the screening.

I'm going to be visiting the practice to give advice about stopping smoking (and drinking) too so if you'd like to have a chat to me before you book an appointment give me a call or drop me an e-mail and I'll tell you when I'll be there.

Please tell everyone you know about Mouth Cancer Awareness Week and let's cut the "one person dies every 5 hours from Mouth Cancer down to something more sensible - preferably down to NIL!